Social Icons

40 Things to Do Before I Turn 40

I just had the stark reality hit me that I am indeed turning 40 in 4.5 years - when did I get so old?  There are still so many things that I want to do and see an accomplish.  I have recently been reminded how short life actually is and how you can be fine one day and then your universe can be completely turned upside down the next day.

Leading up to my 25th birthday I had a really hard time tuning "24+1" as I would call it so I made a list of 30 things to do before I turned 30.  Well life got in the way and I met a wonderful man, got married and became a step-mom to 3 awesome kids.  Needless to say this was never completed.  With the youngest graduating in a week it is time that I reincarnate my list and set out to get these completed before December 17th, 2021.

My hopes are to document my adventures and completions here.



1. Take a trip off of North America
2. Go on a cruise
3. Read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen in its entirety
4. Do something selfless for the planet
5. Try something new
6. Have a heart pumping adventure like skydiving or walking on glass
7. See the Northern Lights
8. Re-learn Spanish (I was fluent at one time I swear!)
9. Become certified in scuba diving
10. Complete an unassisted pull-up
11. Go for High Tea
12. Shower in a Waterfall
13. Go on a road trip throughout the US
14. Visit all 50 states
15. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Ireland
16. Visit Yellowstone National Park
17. Take a hot air balloon ride
18. Ride a Segway
19. Take a train somewhere
20. Go white water rafting
21. Visit a psychic
22.  Ride in a helicopter
23. Attend a murder mystery dinner
24.  Attend an epic festival or event
25. Take a class in something weird
26. Do something I am afraid of
27. Celebrate New Year’s Eve in a foreign city
28. Splurge on a meal at a 3-star Michelin restaurant
29. Volunteer
30. Learn five good cheese and wine pairings.
31. Spend the night on a yacht in the middle of a beautiful body of water
32. Go drink real bubbles in France’s Champagne area
33. Live somewhere that is completely different from my hometown
34. Feel comfortable in my own skin (and maybe possibly a bikini?)
35. Plant succulents (I should be able to keep those alive)
36. Write a letter to myself to read in 10 years
37. Watch the sunset into the ocean with a glass of wine
38. Watch the sunrise over the ocean with a mimosa
39. Attend the Opera
40. Get another tattoo


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!